Friday, June 28, 2013

Carrot Hairdo

Baby carrots these days find it very difficult to stand out when they're all uniformly trimmed and shaved. Every once in a while, one brave little carrot will make it through processing and packaging and end up on a kitchen cutting board. On these rare occasions, carrot connoisseurs are often faced with the dilemma of either preserving the orange oddity or tossing it into a chopped salad with all of the other average looking veggies.

I encountered such a carrot once. He'd probably always wanted to grow up and be in a punk band, with his green spiked hair. But what do I know? I don't speak carrot. I eat a lot of salad though, and boy was that baby carrot sweet and crunchy.

"Stop staring at me like that!
What are you doing with that knife??
No! NOOOOOooo!"
cRuNcH.

No comments:

Post a Comment