Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Time to Take a Breath

The past few weeks have been a nonstop frenzy of activity as summer came to a screeching halt. I was called at the last minute to be an orientation leader at my school, and ended up moving in three days after getting the call, and a week ahead of my original move in date. These past few weeks have also been an exciting and amusing time as I have gotten to know my three roommates, all of whom transferred in from different schools in the northeast. It was a hectic end to a great summer, but also a great way to start the school year.

I feel ready for anything now, but especially some quality time with the good ol' outdoors. One of the best qualities that all of my roommates share is that they all love spending time outside.  It is sort of a requirement to fit in at my school though... Last Saturday I hiked around Labrador Hollow with two of my roommates, and we were rewarded with this incredible view once we reached a clearing in the trees. In the past week and a half we have already hiked this area twice. A good indication for future outdoor adventures in the coming months.
Soakin' up some sun

No comments:

Post a Comment