Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Genius Plan

I am a schemer. Always scheming, trying to trick people into being friends with me. Well this time I have a master plan, and I'm spreading the word.

There is this man that I want to meet in person more than any other person in the world, and his name is Dave Grohl. You may recognize the name. He's kind of a legend.

We don't exactly fall into the same circles. He's a rock star and I'm an aspiring writer. Okay so he writes lyrics and I write blog posts, so I guess we both write and can share that common interest.

We also both like the same music.

I want to learn to play the drums, and he could probably teach me a thing or two about tapping a beat.

He's a liberal kind of guy, I'm a liberal kind of girl.

He has long hair, I have long hair.

I guess we have more in common than I realized, but he doesn't know me or know that I exist. This needs to change.

So here's the skinny:

Dave Grohl is a father. He has two little girls ages six and three. My dream job is to write children's books that educate young audiences on the importance of environmental conservation and awareness. The idea here is to write books that are geared toward the age range I want to write for, and have it also be the same age range that Dave Grohl's children fall into. Somehow my books will make it into their hands, they will read the books, and fall in love with the stories.

Now I haven't worked this next part out exactly, but I'm thinking that either via a book signing or some other public event, Dave Grohl will realize his daughters' interest in the books, and want to get signed copies to give them. He will approach me, ask for signatures, and then I will freeze up and not know what to say next. But it won't matter because that is how I will meet Dave Grohl and nothing else is important.

Look at that hair action
[Photo: http://www.genestout.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/them-crooked-vultures-2-steven-friedrich.jpg]

Great facial hair
[Photo: http://i1.cdnds.net/12/27/618x389/music_dave_grohl_portrait.jpg]


Yeah, he used to wear a bra sometimes. I'd love to ask him about it when I meet him
[Photo: http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=4523&page=424]




No comments:

Post a Comment