Monday, May 21, 2012

License to DJ

There is something undeniably empowering about rolling down the car windows and jamming out to a great song as I'm cruising down the road. Having just recently acquired my driver's license, the novelty of being able to drive anywhere at any given moment has yet to wear off.

When I hit milestone birthdays growing up, my family would ask if it felt any different, and of course it never really did. Just because I could say I was another year older didn't mean I would instantly feel its effects. When I passed my road test just a few months ago, however, I felt more aged the moment I was handed my temporary license.

I have already learned that if I want to avoid speeding tickets, I should probably steer clear of the Pearl Jam CD's that I always bring along for the ride, but they are just too good. Collecting CD's has always been a hobby of mine, and now that I rely on them to enhance my driving experience, they have never seemed more precious. I usually bring five CD's in the car with me, so I have a good selection to choose from depending on my mood. I do this for every car trip, even if it's just to go pick something up at the grocery store, which is a mere ten minutes away.

Blasting great music with the warm breeze blowing through my hair, this is shaping up to be a great summer.

The regulars

No comments:

Post a Comment