Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Babies and Razors

Why was I in the baby isle at the grocery store? Maybe because I was looking for one of those mucus extractors, or maybe I just like to eat out of tiny plates and bowls. That's beside the point. Amidst the sea of vibrantly colored plastic bottles and bibs, I noticed a display that at first, seemed terribly inappropriate to be included with so many baby products. Why would you ever give a baby a razor unless you were mentally insane? Then it dawned on me that whoever thought of this idea is a genius.

I barely have time to shave as a squirrelly college kid. Okay that's an excuse. I should just admit I shave when I can but it's not my number one priority in winter. If I can't put shaving at the top of my list of priorities, I can't imagine how far down on the list it is for a full time mother. She has so many other things to worry about like changing diapers, feeding a baby, engaging it in play, not drowning it... I mean the list goes on and on. And even for mothers who do find the time to shave, half the battle is remembering to get a new razor at the store. Even I have trouble remembering everything on my shopping list, and I don't have a screaming infant pulling on my hair as I wheel my cart around the store. We've all heard the classic story of "Gosh darn it, I got everything at the store except the one thing I originally went in for." That one thing was probably a razor.


No comments:

Post a Comment