Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fabulous French Toast

First off, it must be stated that this recipe would not have been possible without the loving support of a most admired grandma. On a recent grocery shopping excursion, she purchased an exquisite loaf of cranberry orange bread for me to have at school. She and I have been known to devour entire loaves of this stuff in one gluttonous evening. This bread is not only riddled with dried bits of fruity goodness, but also sprinkled with a grainy layer of white sugar across the top.

I had been saving this bread to make french toast because I knew it was going to be simply spectacular. It's much more fun to make a fancy breakfast when you have company, so I waited for a day when my boyfriend and I could enjoy a candy coated breakfast together. We mixed in a smidgeon of cinnamon with the egg for a little extra kick.

Before I explain how absolutely delectable this french toast was, I must reveal the pseudonym for the boyfriend I occasionally refer to. There is a short backstory involved: We were out one night to see the movie Argo, when I came to the stark realization that my boyfriend shares a similar facial structure to that of the daring and dreamy Ben Affleck. They even style their hair very similarly when it is cut short. So there you have it, I am dating Ben Affleck. Wait 'til the gossip magazines catch wind of that!

Back to the french toast: You ever taste something so good that it makes your mouth hurt with delight? That's how good this french toast was. With a light drizzle of maple syrup, I would invite the real Ben Affleck over to my house to see if it wasn't the best french toast he has ever had the pleasure of enjoying.


No comments:

Post a Comment