Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Half Moon Chocolate Chip Cookies

I babysit Mary-Kate and Ashley pretty regularly and we often bake. A few days ago I was babysitting Ashley, the younger of the two, and she decided to bake chocolate chip cookies. As we were concocting the cookie dough, she came up with a splendid idea that a chocolate lover such as myself could never say no to: dipping the cookies in melted chocolate.

After putting a tray of cookies in the oven, Ashley began melting the chocolate chips for the cookie dipping. I watched her sneakily snack on handfuls of chocolate chips as she melted the chocolate chips that somehow hadn't made it into her mouth. After the chocolate was melted she exclaimed, "I better taste it to make sure it's ready." Yes Ashley, make sure the solid chocolate you've been eating  this whole time tastes just right in liquid form.

After the melting was complete, Ashley brought out two cooling racks and carefully labelled them so we would know the difference between the plain chocolate chip cookies and the ones that would be dipped in chocolate. I'm glad she did that because it would have been impossible to tell otherwise.

Despite my sarcasm which I kept to myself through this whole process, Ashley's cookie recipe was absolutely superb. She made some of the best chocolate chips cookies I have ever had. It's easy to want to make fun of little kids sometimes, but when they bake delicious cookies, it's better to keep your mouth shut (because it's full of chocolate chip cookie, duh).

Cookies on the left, cookie cups on the right. There's a big
difference.

The very necessary cookie labels

Yeah I can't remember which ones were
dipped in melted chocolate...

No comments:

Post a Comment