Friday, November 16, 2012

My New Best Friend

Ever do this thing where you see a cute puppy and immediately want to take it home with you? The other day I was strolling through the park with some friends, enjoying the crisp November air. We made our way to the amphitheater where we planned to throw a frisbee around. After tossing the disc around for a short time, a young couple descended the stone steps to where we were standing, and asked if they could let their puppy run around. Dog lover that I am, the idea of a puppy running around my feet truly is a dream come true.

The couple taking care of the dog turned out to be the nicest sort of people who don't mind strange girls coming to their house to borrow their puppy. It has been one week since I first met Gunner, and I have already walked him on three separate occasions. Raising a puppy is a handful, and I'm sure it's as much a relief for that couple to have a willing dog-walker, as it is a delight for me to have a puppy to play with.

Gunner! He is a beagle/rottweiler mix

No comments:

Post a Comment