Monday, November 12, 2012

This Crazy Weather

I almost wore flip flops to school today. The sky is overcast and the wind is blowing ceaselessly, but it's almost seventy degrees outside.

It's mid-November.

Does this normally happen in November? It seems a little out of the ordinary. Plenty of people on campus today seemed to be pleased with the pleasantly warm air temperature. In my own selfish way, I can't say I mind the warmth either. I've always been more partial to warmer temperatures. Still, I know this is not what November weather in Central New York should be like, and it troubles me.

The only consolation I can find is in the sound of the wind rustling through almost bare trees. It is reminiscent of the sounds of the ocean surf that have been permanently recorded in my mind. It's a calming sound, associated with fond childhood memories spent by the beach. The irony here, of course, is that if these strange weather patterns keep up, the beach is going to creep closer and closer towards Central New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment