Friday, August 10, 2012

Classical Thursday

I was listening to classical music on the radio driving home last night. Why? Because it's beautiful and people don't listen to it enough. I was tuned to WXXI Classical on 91.5. The introduction to the next piece had already played when I turned the car on, so there was no way to know who or what I was listening to, but it was beautiful. I spent the whole twenty minute car ride thinking I was listening to one very lengthy concerto, but as it turns out, it was a carefully selected collection of pieces performed by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. The radio playlists are posted online, so I could find out exactly what I was listening to. Now I will always want to have somewhere to drive between 8:00 and 10:00 pm on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment