Thursday, August 2, 2012

Doggie Dessert

There is a great ice cream place just around the corner from my house, and I go there with my family after dinner pretty regularly in the summer. The other night we had just gotten our ice cream and were standing near the car enjoying our frozen treats. I watched as a middle aged man in athletic shorts and a muscle T ordered two dishes of ice cream and headed back to his car. I followed his movements, as my curiosity took hold. He was walking over to a pickup truck that did not appear to have anyone else in it.

Was he going to eat two dishes of ice cream by himself?

Then I saw a black dog poke its head out of the rear window. No way; did he order ice cream for his dog?

My mom speculated perhaps there was a kid in the backseat that we couldn't see, but a few seconds later, my suspicion was confirmed. The man let his dog out of the car and set one of the dishes on the ground. That dog went to town on that dish of ice cream like he hadn't eaten in days. He must have been a really good dog that day. Maybe he chased out a burglar

No comments:

Post a Comment