Saturday, July 14, 2012

Gig of Champions

There are some jobs people couldn't be paid to do. There are other jobs that people would pay to be able to do. For me, volunteering at the Stuart Horse Trials feels more like a privilege than a chore.

Every year I show up and the officials have a t-shirt and a boxed lunch waiting for me early Saturday morning. The fences I will be judging for the cross country event have already been decided. All I have to do is bring a chair and my love for this sport. With this volunteer position comes the opportunity to see some Olympic level riders gallop five feet away from me and leap over some impressive obstacles on their noble steeds. This is one of the best gigs ever. Thank goodness someone has to do it.
#84 Drew Keller riding Detailed Just Right


No comments:

Post a Comment