Saturday, July 28, 2012

Losers Weepers

Yesterday I went for a bike ride around the city. The route I take is a good hour long workout. It's a pretty scenic ride, as I pass by iconic Rochester buildings, parks, and festival sites. I was about to cross Court Street  and continue on the Genessee River bike path when I noticed a small navy blue bag on a stone ledge to my right. It looked like it might be an iPad case, and I was guessing that someone would probably be sick about losing such a gadget. I went over to examine the bag, and upon opening it saw that it was full of Christian literature. There was no contact info to be found, but I probably would have left it there anyway.

I'm no faithful Christian, and I can't stand those super religious nut cases who plant themselves on street corners at Rochester festivals and jabber on about how we're all going to hell unless we let Jesus save us. Sometimes if you brush past them, they will trail behind you for a few yards and yell their speeches at an increased volume, as if THAT would change your mind and make you want to come talk to them.

I don't know who owned that small blue case, and I'm sorry if they're missing it, but I would not go out of my way to give it back for fear of some unwanted interaction with one of those overzealous festival crazies. Someone who is a better Christian than I will surely try harder to return the bag to its rightful owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment