Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Nineties Nostalgia

Of course everyone remembers Pokemon cards. My sister and I both loved collecting them, although we never actually played the game. We adored the cute animal characters like Ponyta and Squirtle, especially if the cards were metallic and shiny. It's impressive that these cards have remained popular even today. One nineties toy regrettably not around anymore is pogs. Does anyone remember those little cardboard discs? Apparently my sister and I weren't too fond of playing by the rules, because pogs were also part of a game that my sister and I did not observe. We just loved collecting the pieces.

The pog fad seems rather ridiculous now, but they were the coolest thing back in the day. There was even a toy that allowed kids to create their own pogs, called the Pog Milk Cap Maker. Watching this ad almost makes me wish I had one as a kid. Then I realize how pointless it seems, and I'm glad no one ever bought it for me.

So many pogs...
[http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ktl5mvUm321qaqbhdo1_500.jpg]

I would have loved this as a kid
[http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6093/6329465504_8aa564238a_z.jpg]

No comments:

Post a Comment