Sunday, December 9, 2012

Running in the Rain in the Dark

It sounds like a dumb idea, and really, that's because it is. There is something truly invigorating about running in the rain. The heavier the rainfall, the harder I find myself running, almost as if in defiance of the unfortunate weather. I wouldn't let a pair of soggy shoes stop me from enjoying the outdoors. The glowing Christmas lights that illuminated the streets with a soft, comforting luminescence made it all the more enjoyable.

Slowing to a walk after this evening's jog, I took in the sensations of a warm body immersed in the cold, wet rain. I could feel the warmth from my eyelids as they opened and closed. It was a new sensation that I had not experienced before this evening. Filling my lungs with the cool night air was like taking a long drink of ice cold water. Although I will be getting ready for bed shortly, I feel mentally and physically restored. Returning to the house and abandoning the wet sidewalks and rain puddles, my humble abode seems even cozier than usual. The perfect start to a relaxing, good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment